Self Catering Accommodation
CONDITIONS OF HIRE
1. These Conditions of Hire are specificallv referred to on the Booking Form which when signed by the Hirer shall constitute a legally binding contract.
2. The Period of Hire is from Saturday to Saturday from 3 pm on the date of commencement until 10 am on the date of termination unless agreed otherwise in writing with the Owner.
3. Terms of payment.. The Hirer agrees to pay the hire charge as follows:
(a) a non-returnable Deposit of £50 per week shall be paid with the return of the Booking Form signed by the hirer.
(b) the Balance of the Hire Charge shall be received no later than four (4) weeks prior to the commencement date. No reminder will be issued. If the Balance is not received by the due date the Owner may take steps to recover the Balance and to re-let the holiday accommodation.
(c) if the Hire Period is due to start within 4 weeks of the booking the full Hire Charge is payable and must be enclosed with the Booking Form.
4. (a) Cancellation by the hirer: If the Hirer is unable to take up the Hire due to circumstances unforeseen and beyond the Hirers control then: The Hirer must notify the owner immediately by telephone and in writing at which time the Deposit will be forfeited. The Hirer is liable for the full Hire Charge and Payment of the Balance will still be due. If the Owner is able to re-let the accommodation in the whole or in part two thirds of the re-let value will be reimbursed to the original Hirer. It is strongly recommended that the Hirer take out Holiday Insurance.
(b) Cancellation by the Owner: If. due to circumstances beyond the control of the Owner. the property becomes unavailable for the Hire Period, the Owner will refund any and all monies paid by the Hirer for the Hire Period. and the Hirer shall have no further claim upon the Owner.
5. Liabilities: The Owner does not accept liability to any person or member of a holiday booking for any personal injury, loss or damage to property. howsoever sustained or caused, nor for the loss or theft of property and/or money.
6. Hirer's Responsibility: The Hirer is responsible for the hired premises and Contents for the Period of Hire. and is required to take all reasonable care of them. All rooms. utensils, equipment and other property of the Owner shall be left clean and tidy at the end of the Hire Period
7. Damage: All breakages and other damage occasioned during the hire Period are the responsibility of the Hirer, who shall reimburse the Owner on demand. All breakages and damage must be reported to the Owner as soon as possible to enable repair or replacement to be affected.
8. Access The Owner shall be allowed access to the holiday accommodation at any reasonable time during the holiday occupancy (by prior arrangement unless there is an emergency situation).
9. The Owner reserves the right to change the decor.
10. The accommodation is occupied by the Hirer as a holiday home as mentioned in the Housing Act 1 9~8, Schedule I Paragraph 9 and the Hirer acknowledges that the tenancy granted by this Agreement is not an Assured Tenancy and that no statutory periodic tenancy will arise on the determination of the Term.
Click here for a printable Booking Form
Mrs L.A. Bonsall