Brindleys Mill

historic interest

The Brindley Mill is a working watermill on the River Churnet, situated just off the road to Macclesfield 1km out of the centre of Leek. The mill was originally built about 1752 by James Brindley, the engineer who was responsible for the construction of the Bridgewater Canal - the first commercial canal in England. The mill is open to visitors and contains a nice little museum.
 

google plus

facebook


Brindleys Mill Photo Gallery - click on the images to enlarge
Leek - Brindleys Mill
0 - Leek - Brindleys Mill

Ordnance Survey Grid Reference: SJ978570


See location on Streetmap.co.uk



How to get there

By Road:
from the centre of Leek take the Macclesfield road - the mill is about 1km from Leek town centre on the right hand side.

By Bus: the 108 Stockport - Leek bus runs past Brindley Mill.
When is it open?

Easter Sunday to the end of September on Sundays and Bank Holidays. We are also open on Saturdays in July and August, and Wednesdays in the school summer holidays. There are also special event days as set out on the website. From 2.00pm - 5.00pm. Phone: 01538 483741
What does it cost?

Members free/ Under 5s Free /Under 16s £1.00/ Adults £3.00 / English Heritage members half-price

Schools £1.00 per pupil, Teachers & Helpers free.

Other groups - as above.

Prices and opening times are shown as a guideline only and may vary.

Website: http://www.brindleysmill.co.uk

All material © Cressbrook Multimedia 1997-2017